We take quality very seriously. Our goal is to have 100% of the equipment we sell be 100% functional when delivered to the customer. When you purchase refurbished equipment from us, you can rest assured it has been thoroughly tested. Here is an overview of the 5-step testing process we use at Terabit Systems.
1) Physical inspection: each item is carefully inspected to see if there are any physical issues with the item that would affect functionality. At this stage we are inspecting things like connectors, heat-sinks, faceplates, buttons, latches etc. Some items are rejected outright at this stage, and removed from the product pool.
2) Functional testing: at this stage equipment is run through testing applicable to its type. Switches are run through their power-on-self-test (POST), and any errors noted. Log files are checked for error messages, fans and power supplies are tested, and port testing is begun. Traffic is passed through all ports at wire speed by putting the device on our test network, which utilizes state of the art LANforge software up to 10GB/Sec. Whenever possible, built-in diagnostic commands are executed. Modules are run in chassis, and again, checked for normal function. Optical transceivers all have traffic passed through them before being accepted.
3) Factory defaults: units are restored to factory default settings. All passwords and configurations removed, and firmware is updated whenever possible. The equipment is made ready to use out of the box, just like it would be if new from the manufacturer.
4) Cosmetic refurbishment: equipment that has passed the first 3 stages is cleaned where applicable to make a positive impression on the customer. Some items may go through chassis repainting if significant scratches are present. Fans, heat sinks, and components are blown off to remove dust.
5) Final QC and kitting: Items passing the first four steps are given a final QC check, kitted out with any applicable accessories (rack mounts, power cord, console cable, PDF’s etc), and sent into finished goods inventory to be made available for sale. Once ordered, product is pulled and professionally packed for safe transit using the best methods and materials available. We realize how rough transit can be, and take every precaution to ensure items are fully protected.
Simply put, we deliver the best quality networking products possible, to ensure a completely hassle free experience.
- 100% functional product
- In good cosmetic condition
- Complete and ready to use
- Delivered safely and on time.
To date, we have an outstanding track record of delivering on these goals.